Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Who's got the cheese to go with my whine?

So it's been four days since I started my road to a complaint free world. I don't officially have my bracelet, but I thought I would start practicing now. An eye opener it has been, but I find it easier to change my wording about my gripe.
For example, today my sewing machine was giving me grief and I started whining and remembered my promise, so instead I said "I love my sewing machine! I love the way it does these beautiful buttonholes. It did such a great job on the last set of buttonholes that I did, and it's going to do these beautifully." and VIOLA, the once frustrating buttonhole situation turned right around! My buttonholes turned out just as perfect as ever!
I have to say that this challenging challenge is so worth the effort. So, for those of you who are reading this and also participating in this challenge, don't give up. Some days life throws you some pretty heavy stuff, but it's all how you look at it.
One day at a time:)

No comments: