Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Two new items from AbbyChase!

As promised, here are two of the newest items that I have been working on.BabySeatbeltCovers4

I have been working on these cute little seat belt covers for a while now. Since I don’t have any babies anymore, I have to wait until I see my sister and her baby to try them out. So I finally got everything worked out perfectly and they turned out adorable. There are two in the set and they fit perfectly on each of the straps in the car seat. My niece loves hers. Earlier this summer we made a long trip to Washington since my niece had some neck problems, her physical therapist had my sister keep props in her car seat that would position her correctly so she could keep her neck straight and that made those seat belts rub on her neck even more. So I made her a set of these little cuties for the long trip and it made a world of difference for her. I started thinking about how many babies get their neck rubbed on those pesky seat belts and realized that I should make them for sale. That was how they got their start:) I wish I had thought of this when my kids were babies.

Speaking of that long trip….. We took our kids on this long trip too and my kids started complaining about KidsPurplePaisleySBC3the seat belt rubbing on their neck, so I gave them two of my seat belt covers and they told me I should make them some too.  When we got back, I started working on some smaller “kid size” seat belt covers for them. Of course I was thinking of you when kids tested them and loved them. I am sure my kids aren’t the only ones that need cushies for their seat belts too. 

Both of these items would make wonderful Christmas gifts this year. You can even custom order a whole set for the family in coordinating fabrics! Just convo me in my Etsy Store and we can work out the details.

Well it’s back to the sewing machine for me now. I have some fun stuff for mom in the works. So stay tuned.

Get the baby seat belt covers here.

Get the kiddo seat belt covers here.

No comments: