Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gratitude…….

I received an email today asking me if gratitude had benefited my life……Rainy-day-flower1-(1-of-1)-copy-2

Gratitude has played a big role in my life for some time now and it has changed the way I look at the world.

A couple of weeks ago, my family experienced one of the most traumatizing experiences we have had in our lives, and gratitude was one of the things that pulled me through. To pay it forward, I wanted to share my experience with you and share the ways that gratitude has helped us through this trying time.

Two Saturdays ago, my daughter was almost killed and it was a huge blessing that everything turned out the way that it did. So what am I grateful for?

Well…. I am grateful that my husband was in the right place at the right time. I am grateful that he didn’t think before he acted and that another friend was there to help. I am grateful for the family that pulled together to help in the time of need and that the best surgeons and doctors were on call that night. I am also grateful that God gave me more time with my daughter and that I have this opportunity to re-evaluate my life and priorities to make more of each day and each moment.

My daughter’s life was saved and she will recover. My family is still whole and we can find a way to move past this trauma. I am so grateful for my family and the life that we have together. I choose to see the world through new eyes and find the good in things.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining. (Proverb)

 

If you have had your life changed by gratitude, please pass it on. You can also share your gratitude on the Gratitude Log.

No comments: