Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Some visual therapy…

After a stressful month, I have been finding it hard to get back to my old self. I find myself wandering through the days in a weird zone, feeling little and that is not like me. I am a very passionate person, but I haven’t been able to stir that old passion…. until yesterday that is.

It’s been a long time since I have created a treasury on Etsy. Since they switched over to the new treasury system. So yesterday I decided to create a treasury and it took off from there. I found something that really touched me deeper than most of the things I had tried lately. I don’t know if it is the pure eye candy that you can find on Etsy, or if it is searching for the right products that fit into the current mood that I was feeling as the creator and presenting it in one lovely group of items that speak from my heart.

Whatever it is, it worked! I felt some passion and my creative gears started feeling inspired and rejuvenated. Now, I won’t go as far as to say that I am my old self again.

I know that I will probably never be who I was before the accident with my daughter and I can accept that, but to find a new place of comfort within my self and my life would be wonderful.

So the first treasury I started with was this one… I was inspired by the warm summer days and the colors just drew me in.




Once I finished the first one, I knew I had to create one that went back to my roots. Etsy has some of the most amazing designer of children’s boutique clothing and the photography is simply enchanting. So I filled my treasury and my soul with these lovely bits of visual therapy. Some of the designers are some that I frequently designed with in the early days of Etsy and the late days of eBay.


Finally, I was so caught up in the beauty of the photography and the items in Boutique Kids treasury, that I couldn’t get it out of my mind. As I was reading before bed, I read something that inspired me to create one last treasury before I went to bed. This one is called Contemplate the Flowers. If we could all spend more time living our lives like flowers and just allowing things to be what they are, we could find more happiness in our lives and therefore, my inspired treasury:)


Who knew I would find so much pleasure in gathering snippets of other designers’ items for sale and creating a collection that is cohesive and visually appealing, but I did! I found great pleasure and peace in this and I wanted to share them with you.




No comments: